Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Four Islands

Hello, Me again, and last night at 8:00 PM, I started a new game of The Settlers of Catan.  This was the Four Islands scenario of Seafarers, nothing special except for that.  We used the variable set-up.  I should introduce the players that usually play, shouldn't I?

I can't guarantee that they're the only players, but here they are:

There are my parents (mother and father, of course).

My sister also plays from time to time, and sometimes, my friends, Matthew and Nathan play.

Anyway, this was a four-player game with my parents and sister.  I was white, my sister was red, my father was orange, and my mother was blue.  That is, those are the colors of pieces they used.  We weren't painted red, orange, white, and blue!

Here was the board after set-up:



I was first to build a settlement, and also first to settle on a new island.  I blocked my mother's first settlement on a new island:


And got a grain port.  All this time, my father and sister were having a battle over the longest road.  I did not have a 4 or a 10 to get resources from, unfortunately, and 4 was getting rolled a lot.  That must have been my downfall.  Everything else, though, other than 2 and 12 (and, of course, 7), I got resources for!  My sister managed to win with a settlement, a city, and two settlements on new islands:


She really surprised me!  I wasn't expecting the sudden competition!


Ah, well, there are worse things!

You might notice I haven't talked about Traders and Barbarians.  It's basically a jumble of slight rule changes and scenarios that can be played.  I don't have it, but I know about it.  That's why I haven't blabbered on about it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment